Nu-Tek works with most substrates that are commonly used to produce optics, including those listed below and others
- Optical crown and flint glasses such as Schott's BK7, SK5, LaKN7, F2, SF56 and similar glasses
- Fused Silica and Fused Quartz
- Low expansion substrates such as Zerodur, ULE, and Sitall
- Crystalline materials including Zinc Sulfide/Cleartran (ZnS), Zinc Selenide (ZnSe), Silicon (Si), Germanium (Ge), Cadmium Telluride (CdTe), Barium Fluoride (BaF2), Sodium Chloride (NaCl), Calcium Fluoride (CaF2), Sapphire (Al2O3), Spinel (MgAl2O4)
- Metals including Aluminum, Stainless Steel, Nickel, Copper
Large aspheric mirrors are a specialty at Nu-Tek. We routinely make concave and convex paraboloids, hyperboloids, ellipsoids, and oblate ellipsoids to 40 inch diameter. We will quote up to 60 inches, and commonly polish light-weighted substrates. It is common for these optics to be used in on-axis or off-axis telescopes and laser beam expanders.